Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week 49

Monday, February 24, 2014

The first week in a new area is always interesting. Nyíregyháza is good. I miss Szombathely so much. I am learning that I have a hard time saying goodbye. I also am learning that I really like routines. I like how comfortable I was with the area, all the investigators, and all of the members. It was nice. I know that I will love Nyíregyháza. 

But I have to tell you this about Szombathely. So Tuesday night one of our investigators that lives close to us, told us to just stop by real quick so we could say bye. He is the Britney Spears one and I have talked about him tons. So we stopped by and stay bye. He gave me chocolate and a not and told me to read it later. I read it on the walk home and was bawling because at the end he wrote down his testimony. I know he had one because he has told me, but it was just differnet. I know that he will get baptized once he can figure out how to overcome the obstacle that is keeping him from that. I just love him so much. And then later while I was packing B called and was like come out I am here. She got her patriarchal blessing that day and so was traveling back and forth to Budapest so we couldn't say bye during the day. She gest out of her car and goes I had to say goodbye to my soul sister. She brought a cake. How tender is that? Since she isn't allowed in our apartment we talked in the hallway for like 50 mintues. Sister Hinckley was such a champ. I am so lucky to have been blessed with great companions. I just love B so much. She is the one I am naming my daughter after. We were both crying. It ended up being such a teary day.

Nyíregyháza is good. There are some great members here. We also have a senior couple here too, which is fun. We put someone on bap date last night and we are going to start the stop smoking program with him tomorrow. His bap date is for July because he needs to get married and quit smoking first. Him and his fiance were like you are strict but that is really good. (story of my mission with investigators saying that, not all of them. I am only strict with the onest that need it). They both were like this is just what he/I need. haha. oh goodness. I totally was not even that strict with him last night. really I wasn't! 

They had me introduce myself in sacrament meeting and later that day one of the member of the bishopric who asked me to bare my testimony called and thanked me for being so willing and said that I speak the best Hungarian of any sister that has ever served here. and then I said thanks and tried to say something funny back and I said it wrong and he correct my Hungarian. It is fine. life is funny. But everyone says I speak really well so that is nice. I don't think I speak well but whateves.

Ok I love you all tons!
Sister Grigg 

sister daniels and I met up at zone training 2 weeks ago. best day ever. i love seeing my past compnaions. 


When Bogi came and said goodbye with the cake. 

Sorry there is no picture of Sister Moffat and I! We haven't taken one yet. I know so lame. But she is so excited because I am the first of her companions to be shorter than her. She is 5 feet so we are definitely the shortest companionship in the mission, which is funny. We are both super sassy, which has been really funny. She is from Washington and went to BYU before her mission too. 


Ok so my boots broke on Saturday. We went with the elders to an eatting appointment and it was raining and they made fun of me for the 30 minute walk back... so sad. 


Bowling




In szombathely we did a lot of tracting because streeting wasn't very good. never a lot of people on the streets. the numbers we did get never panned, were fake, or if we set up they dogged. 

This was the one success that I say from streeting in 4 months! she is so cute. Sister Hinckley and I found her and I got to meet with there 4 or 5 before I left and she came to church! So prepared for the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment