Saturday, March 1, 2014

transfers again

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I am leaving Szombathely. I am really sad. It has definitely been one of my favorite places to serve. Every place has been my favorite place after I leave it so I know that I have been in every place at the right time. I have been on the way west of the country and know I am going to the way East. I think this is the farthest city from the mission center in Budapest. Sad I am leaving because we should have 4 baptisms in the next 4 weeks here.


We had a good week. The six of us missionaries put on this branch program. It was an American night. It was super successful, there was tons of investigators there. The funniest part was that there was tons of American food and no one explained how to eat it Americanly. It was sooo funny to watching them east guacamole and salsa with a fork and without chips. I was talking to one of our investigators and asked where the chips were and he said he got hungary while waiting so he ate them. The didn't know how to put the syrup with the pancakes and every kept asking what you put the ranch with. Then we did rootbeer floats and everyone was horrified when we mixed the soft drink with the ice cream. And the drank the rootbeer plan and asked what is this sweet thing. Oh man it was so funny. I love the Hungarians. I was such a great time to have our investigators mingle with the members and strengthen their friendships.


Then the next day we had so many investigators come to church. 15. It was great! We walked with 2 of them to church. I have been teaching them for 3 and a half months now and it was great to finally get them to church so that they could experience the blessings of that! I just love this cute little family so much and I hope that they continue to work towards baptism. Our crazy prepared couple chose to come meet with us instead of go to the concert because they like the way they feel when we meet. so tender.


Speaking of baptism we had a great zone training in győr this week. I always knew that my purpose as a missionary is to find, teach, and baptize and that baptism is an essentially ordinance to salvation. But I guess I never really stopped to thing that these people literally can not live their Heavenly Father again. Everyone needs to be baptized! And sometimes because we are in Eastern Europe and it is harder to find people who are prepared to then help them be baptized we say we just want to help people to make their lives better. But we help them by leading them to baptism!  It put everything into perspective. That if I truly love these people and desire their salvation then I will do everything I can to help them towards making those covenants with Heavenly Father. Plus it helps me not be annoyed when Jeff's mission has 51 baptisms in a week and our mission has 16 for the whole year so far. It is fine.


Ok so funny. I almost forgot. There is a Hungarian missionary from the Szombathely branch serving in Hungary. I met her before she left. super cute. We meet with her parents. They are so nice. They feed us and the mom knitted us matching scarves. She was trying to finish them fast. The said they would come to church and we walked out of sacrament meeting and she is sitting on a chair knitting and I was like what are you doing out here. She goes don't worry. I got here. Heard the whole thing. and paid atttention. It was good. I just wanted to knit to so i stayed out here. I was like well come to sunday school, you can knit in there. And she sits down and the sunday school teacher was like what are you doing. She said someone said it was fine. The sunday school teacher goes who. I timidly raised my hand and said it did. Oops! haha. The scarves came out great! so cute.


Well I love you all and I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!
Love Sister Grigg

So I am sending home a ton of pictures because I am stealing them all from Sister Hinckley.




These was our both from the American night. our both was about holidays so we made valentines and hand turkeys with the kids. such a hit!



so i made that sign and apparently spelled turkey wrong and instead it said make thanksgiving children because it was some nickname for little children. opps!!



one set of elders made skyscrapers out of spegetti and marshmellows.







we did a puzzle last p day it was so hard
in győr there is this stand called chocolate island. nbd. it is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment