Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Transfer week!

Dear Family,

This transfer has gone by so fast. It was a short one, only 5 weeks and this upcoming one is 10 weeks! Double the length of the last one. And I hit my 6th month mark in 3 days! wild. Time is going by so fast.

So the new we have all been waiting for.....I am headed to Pest to go be in a threesome! I will be with Sister Messinger, who is a transfer ahead of me so I know her from the MTC. I will also be with Sister Magda, who is a transfer below me and so I know her too from the MTC. I am excited! PS I will get mail more often so the next 10 weeks is the time to send me letters and packages :) haha
I am also so sad though. I am leaving my greenie area. I have been in Szolnok for 4 months, and to be honest I don't know how I am going to love the Pest ward and people as much as I love the Szolnok branch. Ok well, I know I will but seriously I just love them so much. When I first got to Hungary, I couldn't really communicate with anyone. Everyone told me to just love the people, but I didn't know how I was supposed to do that when I couldn't communicate, and when I didn't feel like I could connect with anyone. I know that it is so possible to love people. Now after 4 months I can communicate with them, but the able to speak to them in their language isn't what fostered my love for them. But rather teaching them about their Savior, helping them to come unto him through the first principles and ordinances of the gospel, especially repentence, like it talks about over and over again in the scriptures. I am so thankful for my time here in Szolnok. I have met so many wonderful people and have been blessed to serve them. I understand what people mean when they say that love is a gift from our Heavenly Father.

The other day in Imre's lesson, I just looked at him and saw him going through the temple and what a wonderful day that will be. He is doing so well with not smoking and brings up his baptism all the time. I am so glad I am going to Pest because now I might be able to come back for it. We talked about the Priesthood and Biro elnők came, the branch president, and it was such a good program. I love the priesthood and am so thankful that Dad always had the priesthood while we were growing up.

On Sunday they started doing something with the young women where they conduct Relief Society the first Sunday of the month and Berni and Alexa were sitting up there and gave a spiritual thought. Berni was barely active when I first got here and Alexa wasn't active and I was in tears (and not just because I could understand what they were saying :)) because of how much they have grown. I don't know if they will ever realize how much they have changed my life. When we first when over to Berni's and her family, after we walked about I turned to Sister O and said I never want to go back. It was miserable and then it became the program I looked forward to the most every week. I didn't know it was possible to feel this much love for people, but I do. It is still our most chaotic program, but I just love them so much. Sister Smith taught Relief Society on Sunday and at the end asked me to bare my testimony and I got up there and was a blubbering mess! haha. but it was so good.

We went on splits again this past week. It was good. Every does missionary work so differently so it is neat to see different style. Zsuzsi started meeting us every morning at 6:30 in the rose garden where we go running and runs with me for the 30 minutes. She is a good runner! it is exhausting. Plus I have to think about Hungarian while we are running hard! It was an answer to prayers though because for awhile I have been asking to have a great desire and drive to work out because it is hard for me to work out that early and the desire didn't necessarily come but Zsuzsi did. Something like that although it is simple is neat to see how Heavenly Father answers our prayers not how we want, but he does answer them.

Sorry no pictures this week. The computers are being silly :(

Ok so funny. So the Smith's, the senior couple in Szolnok, had us over for dinner last night and somehow we all ended up leaving the branch house together and Gábor was there, who was baptized in June, and Sister Smith invited him over. They prepared a back potato bar (complete with homemade chili..so good!) and I ended up sitting next to him and he goes soha nem talákoztam vele which literally means I have never meet with this before and then he asked how he should do it. It was sooo funny.

We had a neat experience this week. We met with a woman we had found while tabling. I had talked to her on a bench for about 25 mintues and we were able to meet with her in a real program this time. I don't think she understood a lot of what we were saying, but she talked about the feeling that she had while we had talked on the bench and then the same feeling she had while we were sitting there together. She called us little angels :) but the neatest part for me is that she seemed to already be intuned to the spirit because it wasn't the words that were important to her but rather the feelings. The Szolnok sisters are meeting with her again next week and she wants to come to seminary to find out more about the Book of Mormon.

I am excited to tell you about how Pest is next week!


Love you all!
Sister Grigg

No comments:

Post a Comment