Monday, May 6, 2013

Last Letter from the MTC!


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dear Family!

I wish that there had been dramatic music to play after that subject because I believe that it is necessary! So my time here at the MTC is coming to an end and while I am now sick of the food and feel like I have been here forever, I know that the MTC is a very special place and I am so thankful for my time here. I know that there are lessons that the Lord allowed me to learn here that I could not learn anywhere else and I just hope that I was able to learn here all that he wanted me too. I feel like I am leaving my Zone better than I found it, which is something that I want to be able to say after each of my areas. All week we have been like the last tuesday devotional and the last wednesday night dinner here and it is a little sad but I know that there are bigger and better things waiting for me in Hungary and that there are so many people there that the Lord has prepared to hear the gospel! I always feel the spirit so strong when I am writing my emails to you and I hope that you can feel the spirit when you read them.

so conceration week. I thought I was going to die. And I am not using hyperbole there Billy. Seriously it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. But it was also really rewarding. We sacrificed English to the Lord in the hopes that he would bless us and our ability to speak the language that he has called us to preach his gospel in. We also sacrificed other things. Ok as soon as we were able to speak English again I was so happy, which is a little bad. But this week made me appreciate so much that we have the ability to hear and understand the gospel in our own language and express things the way that we want to and are used to and I am thankful that the Lord has made it possible for people all around the world to expreience the samething so I am glad that I am learning this language even though it is impossible difficult :) I feel like I can say for the first time the truly I do love the language of Hungarian. I completely no longer wish I was called English speaking and even thought that took me 2 months to learn I am glad I learned it! Sometimes I can be a really slow learner :) conceration week gave me a love for the Hungarian language and when we taught Edina and Zsolt yesterday after we could speak english I found that the Hungarian just flowed better. I am not a very fast speaker in the language and I don't think I ever will be but I feel as though I was able to say things the way I would have said them in English only with the Hungarian grammer and such which was such a nice blessing.

So I feel like the most important thing that I learned here at the MTC ok well 2 things. Is Prayer. Prayer has always been one of my favorite aspects of the gospel but also one that sometimes I am not very good at. But I truly know that our Father in Heaven hears and anwers our prayers. I know that we can tell him anything and everything that is in our heart and he is more than happy to listen. He wants to. I have learned that so much here because I can't just call one of you for advice or just to talk so I do that with my Heavenly Father now. I know that through prayer I have been more able to line up my will with the will of my Heavenly Father. The second is that this isn't my mission (well it is) but it is the Lord's. this is his work. I am merely an instrument in the hands fo the lord. If I do my part, he will allow me to be part of miracles that can occur in the lives of the Hungarian people. I am glad that I learned that one before getting out into the field. One of the reasons going on a mission first appealed to me was all the wonderful example of rms in my life and how amazing they are and I wan'ted to be like them but that is not what a mission is about. It is about brining Heavenly Father's children to the knowledge of there Savrio and how it can help them in their lives and make them happy. I am ready to share that with the people of Hungary because I know that it has been such a blessing in my life and has brought me so much joy. I don't know if my Hungarian is ready but I am ready. This week I chatted with one of my teachers and we talked about the definitions of ready and I had to redefine it for myself but its good. I am ready. We taught our last lessons to our 3 "investigators" and it was so wonderful. Afterward our teachers shared with us the story of the real person that they taught on their mission. They have shared pictures with us and talked about the people, the food, the culture and I am so excited!

Ok well til Monday! Hopefully you answer your phones! between 12ish-2ish my time be posted and then again from 6ish-8ish. Dallas time. which I think is an hour ahead of Utah.

Til Hungary!!!
Grigg Nover
With MTC teacher, Brother Davis

Zone leaders Robin has worked with

With MTC teacher, Sister Lefevre


New Estonian district w/ Robin & her companion on the end

No comments:

Post a Comment