Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PDay again! an experience frrom the best day on my mission thus far

Monday, May 27, 2013

Dear Family
First off a big happy birthday to Billy!!
It is getting to the point where I am like wow Pday already again! so that is fun news. It was an excellent week. I am have a swing on things and settled into a great routine which is nice.

Today was new missionary training so last night we went up to Budapest and we spent the night at the mission home and had dinner and then breakfast with the mission president and his wife which was just lovely. It was like being in a real home and was so wonderful. After seeing my MTC companion with her companion, I truly know that my mission president was inspired in the assignments. Exciting news we also had interviews today and he told my trainer that we would most likely still be together next transfer in Szolnok which I am beyond excited about because I just love her. It was so neat to hear him talk about her because I'm pretty sure she is probably his favorite sister missionary. In his training slides every example story is about her and how great her missionary work has been and to think that this is only her 5th transfer! so great. and we went to the hivatal to make me legal to live in the country. lots of waiting. great stuff.

So the coolest thing thus far of my mission happened.... wait for it. so we had zone training in Szeged which was like a really long train ride and we had to get up super early to go but it was good. It was all on "paul" (which stands for some fun jazzy things) and working on teaching people not lessons and working in unity as a companionship and way good and the zone leaders invited one of their investigators on bap date whose name was pál so we good role play and then this random guy on the street whose name is also pál came into the church and said he wants to know more and so they were like we are doing a training would you like to help us out and you can learn more? so wild. so we taught a new investigator unplanned during zone training in Szeged. ok but then we got home way late and had to cancel a few programs and then one of our way solid investigators on bap dat cancelled with us, which turned into a blessing because we ended up going to the less actives program that we would have cancelled to meet with D. so we went and we read out of the book of mormon with H and her family. and their friends were over and have been there before while we were there and we were reading out of 3 Nephi 11 about when the savior comes and were going to commit them to read as a family everyday. normally the friends are super distracting and a hinderance but this time I tried to be happier (goal for this week was smile more for me in weird situations (there are many of them)) and my companion talked to the friend mom a little and I tried to get the 12 year old friend boy involved more. we were going to only read half but the kids were loving it so we continued (oh and earlier on the way over we were talking about our comp unity and small things we could continue to work on and how we could implement zone training and we were talking about having each others backs) I didn' know what the scriptures were exactly saying because you know the whole Hungarian thing but I knew it was talking about baptism and the thought came to me that we need to bap challenge their family friends. and i was like know way they said they were reformatikus and I didn't want the less actively family to think we were being pushy. but I felt it again. I didn't know if it was me or if it was the spirit, but I felt it strongly and we were still reading the chapter so I turned to my wonderful and support trainer who completely has my back and whispered we need to bap challenge them and she is like say what (but not really just an inquisitive look) so she we bear testimony does a great job introducing baptism and the holy ghost from the passage we read and relates it to the 8 year old who is going to baptized in 3 weeks . mean while the member mom was like peeling the table the 13 year old girl was braiding me hair the soon to be 8 year old girl what pulling on my companions arm to show her something while we were trying to talk about baptism and then I threw out the bap challenge. I was thinking more for the mom. and she was like ohhh no i'm good and I was like aw come on spirit you prompted me. but then I turned to the 12 year old P and was like "te is?" and he NODDED YES. like say what! and he's mom goes P was just telling me that he wants to be mormon and she we asked how he feels about the BOM and he feels happy and good when we read and he had been taking turn reading verses and we explanined that it was the spirit and set a date for him in a little more than a month and committed him to come to church and the branch activity on Saturday. it was amazing. and so many things happened that day like if D hadn't cancelled we wouldn't have been there and the zone training Seriously it was something straight of out PMG. so many distractions and the spirit was this still small voice but very strong if you listen. so he came to the activity and came to church and it was wonderful. we asked him how he liked church and he said "meg fogok keresztelkedni" i will be baptized. so tender. my heart melted. I know that the Lord is preparing the people of Hungary to hear our message and I truly know that nothing matters unless the spirit is present and it is so important to listen to the promptings of the spirit and sometimes we don't know if it is us or the spirit until we act on it. I also have such an increased testimony of companions if she hadn't been supportive and known that we both can receive revelation for our investigators than that would have not been possible and she totally had my back with the whole amazing intro into baptism that set the spirit.

we had 6 investigators at church and the elders had 3! 9 investigators in that little branch at church. the work is really taking off in szolnok and it is so exciting! when I was in Budapest today everyone kept saying oh Szolnok good things are happening there right now and it is so true. not a very big city but great. And i found out today that the elders have a nicer apartment in Szolnok than we do but who cares the work is going well and that is what is more important. a month ago that would have really bothered me.

Love
Grigg Nővér

i went to budapest and the only pictures i took was in the pekség right before we got on the train to gome back. sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment