Saturday, October 5, 2013

csodálatos

Monday, September 23, 2013

Dear Family,

We have meet with this guy named Gabor 3 times now. It has been the coolest to watch him progress. He was just interested in English but now is interested in the gospel. He has started to praying for the first time in his life, and it was so cool to hear him talk about his experience with that and hear him bear testimony (although he has know idea that is what he was doing) as he talked about his new found communication with he Father in Heaven. He is getting baptized there is no doubt about it. We had a great member come with us once last week and he is coming to the lesson again tomorrow! I am so excited to keep helping him grow and progress. He responded super well to a soft bap challenge too! 

Laci (the investigator from Pest not the one from Szolnok) has been progressing too. We had an amazing lesson with him this week. We were able to find out more about his concerns about baptism and afterward and now hopefully we will be able to continue to work with him and address them. He is praying about a bapdate though so that is awesome. 

Renata is a new investigator as well! She is literally so cool! We found her last Pday during our working hours. She has the life, and I so want to be here. From meeting with her I realized how grateful I am for personal revelation. For the fact that our Father in Heaven wants to communicate with us individual and one on one. He wants to help us chose what is best for us and he knows. She has tons of amazing questions that make us think. We really have to tune into the spirit so that we don't say things hastely and give the wrong answer. It is so cool. She said the restoration makes perfect sense and of course the Plan of Salvation is God's plan. How cool is that?! Love it. 

I mentioned the cool thing tracting when I sent the pictures. It was just super fun to be in a neighborhood that looks like neighborhoods back in the states. I'll have to send a picture of the 10 stories that we normally tract in. We saw the biggest dogs at these családi houses though. Seriously, they were massive. 

We teach the cutes 10 year old girl ever. We talked about the 10 commandments this week and chastity (that was a first, teaching the law of chastity to a 10 year old) this week. She is so cute. When we asked why God would want us to be honest she said so we can live with our families for eternity. What a good answer. Every commandment God gives us is so that we will be better prepared to live with our families for eternity. So cool.

Did I mention that one of my zone leaders is Hungarian? The other is the youngest certified hypnotist in America. Pretty cool zone leaders huh?

The city is great. We have funny things that happen a lot. I love my companions. Our investigators are doing well, progressing, and our find efforts have been going well too. I love being a missionaries and I love the gospel!

Sister Grigg




Ok so we had a little accident today. We were with the elders and we were trying to get on the metro and the doors accidently shut. So one of the elders (our district leader Elder Seegmiller) went on splits with 3 sisters today for about 10 minutes while we waited for the next metro and caught up with the other 3 elders again...opps!!! (2 sets of elders so no worries no one was alone). so of course we had to take a picture to document it.



We went tracting in a different area today and found some családi houses. Normally we just tract in 10 story apartment buildings. One of the ladies was so nice at first we were talking with her neighbor and she was like you shouldn't be here and then we walked along her fence and she kept talking to us and wasn't interested so we handed her an English flier just to show that we are nice people and teach free English. See was like oh my grandchild might be interested and so I asked for his phone number and she invited us in feed us grapes (homemade) and water. We were fasting that day but looked at each other and decided to eat them because she kept telling us to. And we chatted with her for a bit and she is a nurse! so of course we were instant friends. Nurses are the same in every country (love you Jenny and Mom :))...they tell you how amazing of a profession it is and how you can work as a mom, a grandmom, and just anytime of you life.

so I kinda like the idea of sending the pictures before the long email. (Katie was upset that I called it short last week :)) so I am going to do it again. 


since I serve in the city ya know I am like a little hipster now (don't worry I totally know I am not really hipster). I wear my awesome glasses and take the metro. it isn't a big deal. as Sister Magda says how did the hipster die? He drowned in the mainstream. And way did the hipster burn her mouth on the soup. She ate is before it was cool. I love my companions. 


And the other picture is Sister Magda and Messinger as we wait for the metro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment