Monday, January 20, 2014

grateful

Monday, December 2, 2013

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of lots of food and family!!!

We have so much to be thankful for! I am so grateful for the restored gospel! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and for our living prophet. I am grateful for my wonderful family and friends!! I am grateful for our investigators. I am grateful for pray and our loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for our savior and his atoneing sacrifice. So grateful for my new nephew Curtis! I grateful for that we can email pictures. haha. Ok I am grateful. Sister Daniels and I spent all day Thursday telling each other what we were grateful for as we were finding. Our Thanksgiving was just a normal day. We met with a few investigators, did some tracting, and it wouldn't be missionary work with someone didn't dog us. But that was ok. One family that we met with said they watched something on TV about a holiday in America on that day so they asked us about it. It was so hard to explain in Hungarian. Basically what I said was it is a day we spend with our families being grateful for our blessings and we eat lots of food. They asked how it started and I was like uhhhh so the we don't know if this is true, but tradition says that the first people who went to america ate a dinner with the Indians in peace so that is what we celebrate and are grateful for. hahah it was so funny.

One Hungarian tradition that I am so grateful for is the fact that everyone here drinkings fruit tea. Since we do a lot more teaching here in people's apartments than at the branch house like in my past areas, they all have hot tea waiting for us. It is the best in the freezing weather.

It was a pretty good week. We had some great success and then of course there were some dissappointments. We have been branching out and using random members in programs. Right now we are using a lot of the older women in the branch to help us, which is great. But also supper interesting. It is way hard to control the flow of the program and what gets said. Like for example. I told you about G last week who came to the conference. We put him on bap date this week. It was great. So then the next program with brought a néni with us (that is what older women are called in hungary), and I told here we were going to talk about prayer because G hadn't prayed in a program yet and before we said the open prayer she had already told him about the word of wisdom, law of chastity, and fasting. oh my goodness. hahaha. it was such a riot. I was struggling so much though to lead the program in the right direction. They got a long super well so that was good.

We used a member who got baptized like month ago (he blessed the sacrament for the first time this week it was so great, his wife was beeming!) in a program with B about the word of wisdom. What most people say is that the rest of there family won't understand why the aren't drinking black and green tea anymore because everyone drinks it here! So B brought her tiny dog like a real dog but the toy size to the branch house for the program. riot. haha. she was like he feels good here because at home is only follows me around and is afraid of everything and the member goes he feels the spirit too here. Sister Daniels and I were dying. So the dog sat on her lap the whole program. B still brings like 5 kids with here to church every week. We meet with one of them 2 weeks ago and promised him that if he read the Book of Mormon and prayed every night then he would do well in school. And then at church this 15 year old boy told me he got a 5 (which is like an A) on his test. He said he read out of the Book of Mormon every night and has been praying and prayed right before his test. How neat is that!?! The gospel is for everyone. I know that. I am so grateful to be witnessing this small miracles and blessings from the Lord.

In companionship study, Sister Daniels and I have been focussing more on teaching our investigators and addressing their needs and what are they struggling with as we help them progress towards baptism rather than just teaching lessings, and it has been going great! It is nerve racking with the language and stuff because it is so easy to just spit out our memorized sentences but the spirit is so much stronger in the programs. We also have been blessed to feel more charity and love for our investigators with is the best gift from God. I am so grateful for my companion, Sister Daniels!!

I love you all and have a great week!
Sister Grigg


We finally finished the 12 week program with Sister Daniels. She is officially trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment