Thursday, May 29, 2014

Week 51

Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014
Dear Family!

We had an amazing week this week! We went tracting like 3 times and one of the times was only for 30minutes, but we got let in so many times! I feel like we didn't deserve as much success as we had this week, but I was such a blessing. We found 2 families this week, which was such a miracle because my whole mission I have only found like 4. I felt like the Lord was leading around Sister Moffatt and I all week. Not only was it a great week workwise finding a ton of new people to teach, but we also had a blast this week! One of my investigators got baptized yesterday in Szombathely. I am so sad that I wasn't able to be there, but I am so happy for her and her husband who baptized her! They sent me pictures today so I will forward them. 

Now looking back I can't remember what happened this week. But it was great. Our bap date that is quitting smoke has gone for over a week now and he also gave up coffee! 

Saturday was women's day. (America really needs to get one of those), and Friday we had a program with him and his fiancee. And he had written us a tender poem for women's day, bought flowers, and had made us dessert. He burned his finger making the dessert. It was such a tender day. 

I spoke in church yesterday about the Holy Ghost as the comforter. When I have given talks in Hungarian, I have spoken really fast as I do in English but the fast speaking mixed with a foreign language doesn't go too well. But the Holy Ghost totally comforted me because I didn't speak too fast. I said that at the end of my talk as part of my testimony and then sat down and the investigator I was sitting next to goes, "You spoke really fast." Ok fine whatever. I was so impressed with myself because I spoke for 20 minutes (which was necessary because the first speaker took like no time and then one of the elders who is younger than me in the mission was speaking after me). Talk about having the gift of tongues. I had it for those 20 minutes and then it left and I am back to struggling again. It is fine. It was a good talk though. Heavenly Father definitely gave me the right promptings for that one. I am so thankful for the gospel! The thinks people turn to comfort these days is nutty.I truly know that only the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can bring us last peace and comfort. I talked about having hope in the right things. People were crying, I teared up a little bit. Thankfully not too much because tears and a foreign language is worse than fast talking and a foreign language. I can't imagine what life would be like without the gift of the Holy Ghost and having him as the perfect comforter always!

We teach a young girl from Ukraine so it is interesting to hear about what her and her family are thinking about everything going on because her family is still living in Ukraine. We have a different investigator who is going to let us start teaching her family instead of just always her! I am so excited. She always has the best questions and I just think oh my goodness the gospel is perfect for you and your family!

Love you all and hope that everyone has a great week!

Sister Grigg




No comments:

Post a Comment