Thursday, May 29, 2014

Week 53

Monday, March 24, 2014

Dear Family, 

It has been a good week. Since I was the only sister training president had me go from the train station to the mission home with some elders and so those like 25 minutes without another sister were so weird! My new missionary's name is Sister Feil is she from West Valley Utah. She comes from a big family. Training is different than I thought it would be, but it is good. Exhausted because I really am doing like everything right now. There is no just like turn to her and she can speak because she has no idea what is going on in lessons and things like that. She is doing well though. Trying her best and speaking more and more every day. The branch members think she is adorable because she just smiles and laughs even though she has no idea what is going on. One member said she wants to "eat her" which I am assuming mean like "eat her up" in English. So funny. She extended her first baptismal challenge and our investigator accepted so what a great way to start off her mission! It is our 19 year old Ukrainian investigator. She loves family night and told us right away that she is coming every week from know on. I hope that is will be that easy to get her to come to church too! 

We went to Miskolc for district conference this week. I kind of knew all week that we wouldn't have any investigators that would be willing to make the trip because of money and time. And so that was a first on my mission no investigators in church. I felt so purposeless and pointless all day. But there was an area seventy there and he was amazing! It was so spiritual. At one point he had all the missionaries standing up front. It was so powerful to look out into the congregation and to see all of these Hungarians who are the pioneers of the church here. There were so many tears in the audience. It was a really spiritual experience and humbling. 

Well I hope everyone is doing well! 

Love you all!
Sister Grigg


Sister Feil and I right after the "sorting meeting"


Sister O, me, and Sister Feil 

Like the windswepped look?

No comments:

Post a Comment